“We had the onerous challenge for a SME because our global corporate client wanted to treat us like one of their larger partners but Exxa made the whole process painless and smooth. Their expertise was recognised by our client building trust throughout.”
Leanne Rogers: Head of Creative Department
Via working with Mediorite’s key personnel, the following IT Policies & Documents were created:
• IT Data Disposal Policy
• Access Control Policy
• IT Password Policy
• Patch Management/System Logs Policy
• Vulnerability and Remediation Policy
• A comprehensive Information Security Policy
• Incident Response Document
• Change Management Document
• Business Continuity Document
To be of value to the business, policies and documents must be implemented effectively. In order to minimise the prohibitive amount of work required to enforce these policies, it is essential to leverage software, machine learning, and automation.
Exxa installed Ninja RMM onto all Mediorite computers. The key features are:
• Enforces Patch Management at the operating system and application level.
• Automated and scheduled tasks to proactively remediate against many common operating system issues.
• Complete audit of all devices and configurable notifications for critical software security and hardware issues.
• Enhanced reporting functionality for asset management, device health, installed programs, antivirus status, and patch management status.
• Remote management using TeamViewer allows Exxa to remotely manage and deal with any issues.
• Remote registry, and command prompt access to fix customer issues without desktop interaction.
• Bitlocker/Filevault recovery key information
• Integrated Webroot Anti-virus
For the purposes of AI based ransomware protection, point-in-time backup, data classification, and auditing of data usage and apps for Google Apps Suite, Exxa installed SpinOne.
• Classify data based on the Information Security Policy and automatically enforce and restrict document access based on sensitivity.
• Auditing functionality allows full visibility and reporting of data access and sharing for users.
• Ransomware Protection locates attack patterns via Artificial Intelligence, stops the attack, and then automatically recovers any encrypted files.
• Help identify security risk, business risk, and compliance risk. The ability to blacklist risky apps and extensions and prevent data breaches.
• Point-in-time backup and restore.
Mobile Device Management and Hardening of Google Apps
Google Apps have a lot of built-in security features that can be leveraged, including an easy to configure MDM service and hardened email anti-spam configuration. Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) was implemented across all available devices.
• Cyber Security Awareness Training: With staff up to date on their responsibilities, EXXA implemented Cyber Security Awareness Training and simulated phishing attacks to educate users in protective measures. The time sensitive training course was rolled out and enforced by management. Training is ongoing. Reports are produced to ensure compliance by all staff.
• Vulnerability/Penetration Testing: Software was used to automate scanning and penetration testing. The results were then used for the Exxa team to remediate and ensure compliance. Reports were presented to the client. Monthly scans were then scheduled to ensure continued compliance.
• Encryption: The Exxa team meticulously encrypted all assets up to and including all hard drives, devices, in transit, and at rest.
• Mediorite passed the client’s audit very successfully.
• Feedback offered to Mediorite regarding their extensive changes was extremely positive; Mediorite continue to work for the firm.
• Any and all weaknesses and vulnerabilities identified in the analysis of Meteorite’s ecosystem were corrected.
• All key Mediorite personnel have the latest training programmes.
• All software, data migration, policies and relevant documentation have been updated, created, and completed.